TReSPAsS-ETN provides a training in three broad research areas:
(i) privacy-preserving biometrics technologies,
(ii) security protection in biometrics systems and
(iii) ethical, legal and societal aspects for biometric recognition systems.
By protecting privacy and by improving security, the social acceptance of biometrics technologies can be improved and conformant technological advancements can be made.
- assess state-of-the-art multi-biometric privacy enhancing-technologies;
- develop novel approaches for biometric template protection;
- investigate the application of advanced cryptographic techniques such as homomorphic encryption;
- perform an application-specific evaluation thereof
- assess vulnerabilities to presentation and morphing attacks upon biometric systems;
- propose innovative novel solutions to detect attacks and increase the security of biometric systems;
- integrate attack detection methods with biometric systems;
- benchmark attack detection systems and security solutions within realistic scenarios.
- assess ethical, legal, and social acceptance of biometric algorithms;
- propose requirements for data protection and security in biometric systems;
- develop a regulatory framework and use it to assess proposed security and privacy protection techniques.
core research of TReSPAsS-ETN
Mobirise page maker - Click here